Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Strange pathways

As some of you know, I wholeheartedly scoffed at any number of new media phenomena when they first cropped up. I had no understanding of, nor any real use for twitter, and I certainly mocked the iPad when it first came out as I was a steadfast kindle fan. Fast forward a year, and suddenly I understand how this happens. First I start looking at various blogs. Then I notice that half of my favorite bloggers are twittering. And then I start thinking that I would be much more likely to blog if I don't have to wait until I get home to do it, and which point the allures of various things such as food, sleep and entertainment start taking precedence. And now here I am, blogging through the vaunted internet cloud, and typing on my new, shockingly girlish iPad which is white and pink. (Don't ask me what happened. I went in with the best intentions of getting a black one and a blue cover but somehow got swindled into the white one with a pink cover under the auspices of being told that it was very "Hello Kitty." I make no excuses.)

Anyhow, I'm still loyal to my kindle. I consider this more a multimedia platform, and a way to separate church and state, so to speak. Consider this an experiment of sorts - is it true that increased accessibility can lead to greater communication or will this simply end up being a deluge of rather useless minutiae? Only time will tell. I'm trying out a new blogging app called Blogsy, so we'll see how that works. But to set the tone right as we embark on this new venture, here's a random photo of Yukie intent on her donut frisbee to get us started.

Much in the way she is completely fixated on her activity, I myself have been fascinated by my new techie toy. How embarrassing it is to be such a sucker for early adoption. Regardless! Here's to the grand experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment